Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thing #21

Google has a ton to offer, doesn't it? Who knew?
I explored the iGoogle page. I tried to link it, but unless you log in as me, you can't see it! Sorry!
I had fun choosing all sorts of apps to put on the page. School uses could be really limitless. There is a countdown app. Teachers could count down until the TAKS test, count down until turning in a foss kit, countdown so many things! I added a virtual ladybug that follows me everywhere on the screen - she was cute and made me smile! I added the weather - there was a temperature, air quality and heat index - information that my PE teachers could always use! There were top stories of the day, words of the day, clean jokes of the day, all sorts of unique tools that teachers could use.
Google Labs was neat. Did you know that there is a google tool to find the most searched items of the day? I thought that was neat. It is interesting to see how many searches were done for particular things... made me want to search them to find out why...
Google Labs also had a search tool for finding "words/phrases" used in videos. That might be helpful for a teacher searching how to teach something or wanting a video clip to demonstrate something.
All in all, Google Tools are really cool. I could use them for hours and never run out of fun things to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment