Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thing #20

I love Google Docs! I took a course with Richard Armand showing us many, many, many uses for the GoogleDocs. I have already started using them for some word processing things, like our Kindergarten Handout - allowing the kindergarten teachers to make changes and the secretary to be able to print it out.
I have a google form set up so that teachers can input their summer address, phone number and other contact information. It is so much easier to have them type their information instead of me transferring it all to a spreadsheet. (More accurate too!)
I have not used the Google Presentations yet, but if all works out where I get accepted to the ASCD national conference next year, my partner and I will work on the presentation each from our computer and make the presentation complete without having to download a single thing! Woohoo! Can't wait!
I know that teachers could use this with students working on documents together, group work has been given a whole new framework as well! We can see the contributions from each student! No more guessing who did what! It is pretty amazing stuff!
PS - all my friends are welcome to add to the document for closing down the school year! I think it will be great to keep this document available for us to work on together - and techsploringprinicipal won't even have to retype or cut and paste a single thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment