Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thing #18

YouTube is an amazing resource! It is incredible what you can find on there! I took the challenge to find the four videos that our 23 Things coaches encouraged us to find.
The first two videos that I searched for were searching the WhyTry? Program that the district has just recently introduced us to. I am going to have the creator of WhyTry?, Christian Moore come and speak to my staff in July. However, I wanted to give them a tease of what might be coming, so I searched for Christian Moore and the WhyTry? Program! I found several videos that took snipits of Christian Moore's life story and explained the history behind the WhyTry? program. I am sending the link to my teachers. (although they can't watch it at school!)
Next, I found a video on how to blow dry your hair! Did you know there are so many ways to blow dry your hair? Who knew... but according to this young lady, there is one RIGHT way to do it! Maybe I'll try it tomorrow.
Lastly, I searched for the Miracle on Ice live call. You know, the video from the 1980 Lake Placid Olympics when the US beat Russia defying all the odds! It is such an awesome story! I was able to find the actual footage of the hockey game! Amazing!
YouTube can be so powerful for teachers and students. Scary sometimes, but powerful! I wish there were a better way to filter it so that our teachers could access it in the classrooms! TeacherTube was good as well, but certainly missed out on some of the more frivolous searches like the Miracle on Ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment