Monday, April 13, 2009

One LAST Thing

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? I have enjoyed almost every moment of the class. I love that I took (am taking) the course with friends! It made the journey more fun and more meaningful! I think that I have enjoyed actually learning how to blog and getting the opportunity to do it! I would love to start my own blog for parents! That is my goal for next year! :-) Here it is in my beginning stages...

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I have been surprised at how easy most of the applications have been to use. Oh yes, I've been frustrated and aggravated at times, but overall, most of the apps have been pretty user friendly!

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I have loved the self-paced class! The videos by Lee LeFever have been outstanding and so helpful for understanding the purpose, role and function of each of the applications. Thank you for implementing those videos each lesson!

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? ABSOLUTELY!!! I have learned so much and feel like I'm actually on the cutting edge of technology once again! (It's been a long time since I've been there!)

How will what you have learned influence your practice as an administrator? Well, I am now addicted to my reader! I love to get new comments on my blog posts. I will definitely use them both. I will honestly try to give Ning a second chance and a little more time to see if I can make it work for me!

How do you plan to keep up with new developments in web 2.0? Recommend a way that you have found to be useful. I'm hoping that you guys will offer a "the NEXT 23 things" for us! I don't know that I have the time to go out and explore new applications without a reason! I am not even sure how I would begin. I found about many of the things in this class from my mom the librarian! Maybe she can keep me posted on the new and happening things! (My school librarian does a pretty good job at that, too!) I guess my plan? Depend on other people....

2 comments:

  1. Well, didn't we all know that you would be the first one through! Congratulations! Your table friends and I are just letting our jealousy get in the way of your celebration. I really am proud of you and have enjoyed our little chats in this class. We're going to have to find a way to keep up our little comments so we can continue to learn more about each other. You're awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats - you did it! You should be very proud of your accomplishments. I'm so happy that you will be using some of these things in your role as principal and encouraging your teachers to incorporate them as well. Thanks for all of your contributions to the course!

    ReplyDelete