Friday, March 20, 2009

Thing # 14

What fun and more fun! This "focused play" was really cool. I tried out several things. First I tried the Letterpop and made my weekly memo using this tool. It was okay, I guess. With some gettting used to, it might be more fun! It seemed a bit constricting with sizes of boxes that I could write in, limited fonts and few pictures/themes to choose from. I think that if you pay for a subscription, you can add more of your own pictures etc...
After that, I went tried making a mixbook. This was a fun site. I started working on a book of our spring break pictures, but didn't finish. One cool thing I saw was that others can add to your book. So my sister or friends that accompanied us on all of the outings, could add their pictures! That is kinda cool. I prefer to use Snapfish or Smilebox for this same type of thing. Smilebox is my favorite because it has tons of themes and allows you to print your books, purchase them or just send them via email for free! It is one place I would highly recommend trying! I'll add a Smilebox Creation to the bottom of the post! Enjoy!
Lastly, I tried Wordle. I made one with each of my kids' names.
Wordle: Marshall

Wordle: Melayna

It was kind of fun! I can see adding this to presentations and other forms of publications that I have to use!
Thanks for giving us the opportunity to explore some new things! It was fun!

Here is the Smilebox I created! Follow the narration on the bottom left as you click on each egg! Enjoy!
Click to play this Smilebox greeting: Easter Wishes
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox greeting

1 comment: