Saturday, January 31, 2009

Thing #7

We're a third of the way there and all this process had done is make me more addicted to the computer! :-)

Commenting - I did it! I wrote on a popular blog page that I have been following and that I referenced in the previous post...Do I Dare Disturb the Universe! In my comment I thanked Scott for his thought provoking post, related it to my own experience and then asked a question! (ooooo, daring, I know!)


HE WROTE ME BACK!!!! A few minutes after the post, as I was searching and reading other things in my reader, I got a personal email from him that actually answered my question! It wasn't just an automated response, but a real response! I've made my first "virtual" friend! (not that my followers aren't - but I know most of you!) Now, I really will be encouraged to try commenting - you never know what might come of it!

5 comments:

  1. I applaud you for having the courage to venture "out there." It's one thing to comment on our safe little "in- house" group. It's quite another to actually send something out there into the big wide world. I guess it's not that intimidating since our names aren't attached and readily available for the world to see. Old hang ups about giving the wrong answer and looking stupid, I guess.You have inspired me to step out there as well.And he wrote you back...how neat (scary) is that? Someone is really listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cool. It amazes how this electronic web can connect people who are worlds apart both physically and figuratively. You sound so.... excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how correspondence with a total stranger can feel personal, even while on the computer. It's the fact that they TOOK THE TIME to type a response that makes it so...that part is completely by choice, which DOES make it personal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I did something wrong. I thought I made a comment to this "thing" but I must have gotten sidetracked before posting. My original comment was that you are such an overachiever; however, that is a good thing because I have to ask you for help so often. Being third of the way through means we still have two-thirds to go. I guess that's a positive? I will give your link a try and see if I like the style of writing as much as you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, AJ. I'm proud of you for posting that comment. It is pretty cool to hear from folks out there in the "universe."

    I haven't done that phase yet. I'm still commenting on the blogs of folks who are already my friends. I'll have to take my leadership from you and do those extra comments today.

    ReplyDelete