Saturday, January 31, 2009

Thing #6

The RSS reader is an amazing tool! There seem to be millions, if not tens of millions of blogs out there. I was a bit disappointed in that ability to search and find what I was looking for. I tried several searches looking for administrators of public schools that were blogging or instructional leaders. Other than finding blogs for classroom teachers or for technology instruction, there didn't seem to be alot out there.

I found 3 that I will follow for a while and see if anything useful comes from them. The title of the first one, caught my attention. Do I Dare Disturb the Universe is the title for a principal from Colorado's blog. It was a very interesting read for the first three or four blog entries. He didn't have a blog roll started, that I could see, but he was a contributing author for another blog titled Leader Talk. There were several blogrolls listed here, so I followed a couple of them. There did not seem to be much out there for elementary principals.

It made me wonder, are we (elementary principals) so far behind the technological curve that no one is really blogging? Am I just not searching the right key words? What is going on? You promised me there would be a blog for everyone!!! :-) I'm sure I'll find it soon enough - I will just have to keep looking past this assignment for what really feeds me!

I did find one other blog called the Principal's Blog. It appears to be the personal blog of a prinicpal of an elementary school. So far the postings have not been very "job related" more of a social blog, but I'll keep watching to see what I can find. Who knows - she may have taken 23 things and is just keeping her blog going for personal reasons! I'll keep waiting for that nugget of inspiration! :-) After all, her avatar makes her look like a really fun principal! Maybe she is... we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Check out this list of possibilities of blogs by principals/administrators
    http://supportblogging.com/Links+to+School+Bloggers#toc9

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like a large number of these blogs aren't working any longer... I'll keep trying!

    ReplyDelete