Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thing #1

Okay - so we've started on this journey of the 23 things. The habits of highly effective life long learners (btw - can I tell you how much I love the SPELL CHECK FEATURE of this blog!).

These seven and a half habits are so closely tied with those of Steven Covey, whom I highly regard as a model for being an effective leader. I am thrilled about the opportunity to grow and learn new things.

As an administrator - standing in front of my faculty and asking them to get with the technology era and not doing it myself seems a little hypocritical! Therefore, I've decided to take the leap. I am ready for the journey.

The most challenging habit for me to adopt will definitely not be the play! :-) I think it will be to view the problems as challenges. I really get frustrated easily when technology doesn't go my way! I like for things to work the first time and for them to work the right way! Not alot of patience with having to "figure" it out. Although - that is a problem too, because I hate to take the time to read the owners manual! I would rather figure it out - is that an oxymoron?

The easiest habit or one to most easily identify is the half! Playing - I will easily find myself on the computer "playing" for hours on end! I leave my kids in the tub by themselves just so I can "play" in peace! Isn't that being a terrible mom?? I love the opportunity to learn the new technology and make it a habit for me!

I think taking responsibility for my learning will be most important! Take the time to get all I can out of the course instead of hurriedly completing a thing just to be done! All about getting it done - you know!

2 comments:

  1. You need to slow down techno girl. This was a partnership. I am left to fly solo. I do like your blog. Hey, check out my avatar. That was kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are a person who likes to "figure things out," web 2.0 is for you! There is no owner's manual for most of this stuff!

    ReplyDelete