Monday, February 23, 2009

Thing #9

Creating the wiki wasn't too bad. It was a lot more fun to make them than to read them. I can see where the usefulness might be for collaboration. The formatting still seems a bit primitive, maybe that's because we are using a free wiki site. Embedding the text and pictures didn't allow for all of the same freedoms that you might get in word. Oh well, if that's the only complaint, I guess it's pretty cool.

I like the idea of the sandbox - a "closed" place to post wikis. I wonder what it would take to set up a school sandbox and allow parents to see it, but teachers to edit it? Could this take the place of my school website? Wouldn't that be helpful. I guess I could add that to my burning questions!

1 comment:

  1. I love the bright colors and layout. It reflects your great personality. You and "23 things" are a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete