Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thing #11

This year, our campus has chosen the them, "Champions of Success." As we were involved in our first round of testing this week, I was reminded of all the "little" things that got us where we are! We've also chosen to talk about teamwork and everyone doing their part to help us reach that Exemplary Level that we are striving for. So I wanted to inspire the teachers and students this week, as I already spoke about in Thing#10. I didn't have much luck finding a video, but I found a picture that says a thousand words using Flickr.

Teamwork by marcopaulo

The task of these ants was monumental! They had to conquer something so huge, at least 100 times their size. Yet, they didn't do it alone. All of the ants came together to move this moth back to their colony! Amazing the task at hand and the teamwork it took to get it done!

Flickr is a great way to find some amazing resources. I'm always hunting clip art for various things and yet never ever thought to look in such a place - just figuring anything outside of Microsoft Office was probably covered by that C guy and I'd get in trouble by someone for using it!

I spent some time looking at the lesson plans. I had a student this week on TAKS writing that literally sat for more than 9 hours without writing a single thing on his paper because he couldn't "think" of anything to write about. I thought what are we doing to our kids... this writing thing is so hard for them. As I explored Flickr, I saw a really cool link. Story Telling in 5 pictures. Some people are so creative. Here is a link to my favorite story that I saw. Chores. Perhaps it's my favorite because I've spent the better part of my day doing tons of chores - this story makes it seem so easy!

Could we use these Flickr pictures to inspire our kids to write! How amazing it might be!

1 comment: